Tuesday, September 27, 2011

*Sarcasm Font*

There are days when people really just need to be secluded away from others.

Today is one of those days for me.  I knew it would NOT be a great day due to the 3.5" palmetto bug, cockroach, whatever you want to call them... It was huge. 

Picture this:  I have just finished my shower and am talking to the two little boy cats. Mr T looks at me like he was caught doing something bad, and Thor was just sitting, facing the wall, looking up.  He looks back at me, and then turns his head back to the wall to look at something pretty high up.  So I slowly scanned my eyes up the wall KNOWING that something absolutely terrifying must be waiting on me in the corner he was looking at.  Sure enough, it was a huge bug. Normally I don't mind bugs, but when they encroach on my living space they freak me the fuck out.  I don't like it. 

I prance around in my bath tub just knowing that when I do pass by the bug, on my way to get a shoe to smash the hell out of it, he's going to push off from the wall and land squarely on my head.  Thankfully, that did not happen.  I return with a shoe, and make a quick dash past his stance on my wall again.  I raise the shoe, do a small jump, and squish the bejeebus out of it!  While raising said shoe and jumping and then with the smashing motion I yell.  Yup.  You read that right.  A battle cry was issued forth from my mouth in the attack against the monster bug.

After I had smashed the horrendous creature with my shoe I had to keep the cats at bay as I cleaned up the carnage and flushed the evidence.  Man, what a way to start the day.

Then, yes it gets MORE fabulous, when I arrive to work we get a little "come to jesus" talk from the supervisor.  Apparently, yesterday we were being too loud.  We were told three times to quiet it down.  Thing is, yesterday, NOT. ONE. PERSON. was being overly loud or obnoxious.  There have been times where I've literally had to plug my ear and scream into the phone to be heard or to hear, but yesterday, by my squad's standards, we were quieter than a mouse in church on Christmas Day.  So now, we all have to make sure that we don't make too much noise for the old bastards in here that can't hear or we'll get written up.  I happen to be one of the supervisor's favorites for yelling at about being loud, even when I'm not loud.  I know I will get a write up for being too loud.  I've already asked people that when the write up comes if they could back me up and say, "Yeah, you were being a bit loud" or, "No, you weren't loud at all.  As a matter of fact there were others that were louder."

So, today, keeping in mind that my day has not started off to a good note.  I am only to speak when spoken to, and I will not put my nose anywhere outside of my realm of work.  I will just sit at my computer and do my job and not talk to anyone.  That's what they want, right?  An android that does exactly what they say when they say, even if what they're saying do is stupid and counter-productive. 

Yup... That's my bit for the day. Have a good one.  I'll be minding my own business at my console.

No comments:

Post a Comment