Saturday, September 24, 2011

Runs

I have started running... And by started, I mean in the last 4 days I have run twice.  The first time was on Wednesday.  I went to the gym after work and ran on the treadmill.  In 17minutes I walk/ran a mile.  Not too shabby for my first time running. Ever.  Then I went and ran today with my Ring Twin.  She ran her 2miles and then she came back for m and she walk/ran with me for the 1.2 mile loop that we did.  We did that in 20minutes and 14seconds, and that's not too shabby for my first run ever outside.  I do believe I am going to turn into a runner... That will be awesome!!

On another note, last night for dinner my Ring Twin and I had chicken that had marinated in mango tequila jalapeno sauce from Earth and Vine... SO DELICIOUS!! Also, we had a salad before the chicken was done, and then with the chicken Ring Twin cooked up some buckwheat groats and roasted butternut squash and then put an olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, etc vinaigrette type sauce on it and it was amazingly tasty!!  I love cooking with my Ring Twin.  I can cook this way at home, but it's so much more fun with her!

We're just recovering from our runs now, and then later we'll be celebrating a friends birthday and having a few brews downtown.  It's always a good time with the Ring Twin. 

1 comment: