Thursday, September 15, 2011

Day Off

Today is one of my coveted days off.  Thankfully so was yesterday.  I have been working so many days of overtime or trading or what not, that I had almost forgotten what it was like to have 2 days off in a row.  It is fabulous.  Yesterday I spent way too much money on necessities for my apartment--cleaners, groceries, etc, but I spent most of the day with a wonderful guy who really did not mind going to the grocery store with me.  (I recently watched an episode of "Necessary Roughness," and on one of the recent episodes one of the men was explaining to another man that you know you really, really like a girl then you want to take her to the grocery store.  Well, he must really like me because he went to the grocery store with me. Ok, enough of that.

Yesterday, while oot and aboot (yes, said like a Canadian), I got the ingredients to make "White Chili."  I used this recipe:  http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/White-Chili-9.  I made the chili today.

Holy crow!! It's delicious!!

The recipe calls for slow cooking the chili for 3 hours, but I would suggest slow cooking it for 3 at the minimum and then probably, ideally, around 8 hours.  The onions, peppers, and even the northern beans still had a bit of a crunch to them and the longer they cook the more they'll soften.  The next time I make this recipe (SOON) I am going to let it slow cook all day.  Put everything together in the morning, and then let it all brew together for about 8 hours, and have it for dinner.  So. Delicious!

ALSO!!!! I had my first cup of Pumpkin Spice coffee from The Fresh Market.  I bought the whole bean bag, and then I ground the beans this morning just before brewing. Oh. My. Gosh! I have had some good tasting coffee before, but this... Oh, this was just amazing.  Perfect blend of pumpkin and spice and coffee and just nommy goodness!!  Thank you, Kitchen Monkey, for telling me about this coffee!! The World Market coffee was good, but it has NOTHING on The Fresh Market's Pumpkin Spice!

Off to enjoy the remainder of my day off!

No comments:

Post a Comment