Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Mmmm... Pumpkin!

I know it's not fall yet.  But, I love fall, and I need fall weather right now, but I don't have fall weather right now. So, how did I remedy my predicament? I baked some pumpkin muffins.  They weren't made from scratch, they were made from a kit, but oh man are they delicious!  I love pumpkin flavored items.  World Market has Pumpkin Spiced Apple Juice.  Pumpkin coffee. Pumpkin muffins. Pumpkin scones. PUMPKIN PIE! Pumpkin cheesecake (I have a pretty awesome recipe for this).

Fall is my favorite time of the year.  The leaves begin to change. The air crisps up.  Sweaters can be pulled out of hiding.  Leaves become crunchy, and fabulous things to chase down the sidewalk for the wonderful crunchy satisfaction.  Scarves can be unballed.  Pumpkins come into season.  Apples are totally in season. (If you're one of the lucky souls that lives near an orchard and can pick your apples whenever you want during the fall season PLEASE take advantage of that, even if you're just doing it for those of us that don't live near an orchard and can't pick our own apples--and selecting apples from the bin at the store doesn't count!)

I just LOVE everything about fall!! The random hot days.  The fact that in the morning you could need a scarf, but by the afternoon you're back to sweating a bit outside, but have to put on a light jacket for the evening.  But, the best part about fall is towards the end of fall.  That time frame between the leaves being at the height of their fall perfection, and when the trees are completely bare.  The time when it's almost required that you wear a long sleeve shirt of some kind, a light jacket, and a scarf when you're outside.  It's wonderful to take walks outside in the fall.  Cheeks getting slightly pink, ears have a slight sting from the cool in the air. It's just fabulous.

The best time of year to sit outside, enjoy a cup of coffee or tea, and read a book, sit on a park bench and watch some of the people of the world walk by and think about what they're doing, where they're going, etc.  The fall is also the best food time, in my opinion (well, obviously it's my opinion, this is my blog).  You have wonderfully flavored baked goods, succulent meats, hearty casseroles, chili, squash... Oh, the squash! Squash is fabulous.  Butternut squash. Nom. Spaghetti squash. Nom. All of it. NOM!

Ok, I just wanted to put that out there for the evening.  I really cannot wait until fall is in full swing.  I'm trying to usher it in quicker by baking the pumpkin muffins, and drinking pumpkin spice coffee.  Speaking of coffee, I need to add that to my grocery list!

No comments:

Post a Comment