Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11, 2001... 10 years later

*Moment of Silence*

It's been 10 years since the World Trade Centers were attacked by extremists.  Over 2800 lives were lost that day. I was in 9th grade, a freshman at Orange High School. When the attacks happened I was in first period, Civics and Economics, and there was a representative from one of the local elementary schools there talking with us about our class reading to the grade school children in the coming weeks.  It was until third period, Biology, that I had learned that the towers had fallen and what had taken them down.  I spent the rest of the day worrying about everyone in New York City and also worrying about my aunt; who, at the time, lived not too far from Washington, DC.  I was afraid that there would be something else.  Thankfully, there wasn't.  I spent all day trying to gain more information about what had happened.  When walking through the halls, if a teacher had a TV on to the news I would linger as long as I could outside of the room to try to get as much information as possible.  As soon as I got home from school I immediately turned the TV onto the news, and shortly after turning the news on Building 7 fell.  I watched for as long as I could before I just had to change the channel. 

Everyone please take a moment today and remember those who lost their lives as completely innocent bystanders.  Take a moment to remember the men and women that ran in when disaster struck to help others, and therefor lost their lives as well.  Take a moment to remember that everyday there are men and women fighting for your rights, and our country.  Without those men and women fighting on foreign soil for us, I might not have the ability to be posting this right now.

Say, "Thank you."

Remember to say, "I love you." 

Always give hugs and be glad that you get another day with your friends and family because you really have no idea when that will be the last moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment