Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Back Home

Wow, so sorry that it's been about a week since I last updated my little blog here.  I had some computer charging problems and had to get a new charger, but I'm back for all of my devoted readers.

I am back in Wilmington now, and am so glad that I am back.  I actually got back on Sunday afternoon.  Some friends came over and we all hung out, and they made dinner while I watched with longing in my eyes wishing I could have some.  But, alas, the Sarah cannot have what they made.  However, she has introduced eggs back into her diet, and it's working quite wonderfully so far.  Next, she is going to try to make some tilapia into her diet.  That's what's on the menu for this evening.  Baked tilapia should be quite delicious.  [Side note: not sure why I just started to refer to myself in the third person, I am sorry.  I will try to refrain from that from now on.]  I am not sure what seasoning and such I am going to put on the fish, but I know I will figure something out when it's time to eat.

Ok, away from food.  You know that's what a lot of bariatric patients suffer with--an obsession with different types of foods, recipes, cooking, etc... because we can't have what we so dearly want.  It's hard, but thankfully I have friends who are awesome and are standing by me as I go through this huge life overhaul.

I am currently studying my 10-codes.  I am going to be working in an Emergency call center, and I need to know them so that I can help with dispatch and know what the hell I am doing and who needs to respond.  It's going to be hard to memorize them all, but I have to.  If I don't then I won't have a job.  I know the alphabet (such as alpha, bravo, charlie, delta, echo, foxtrot, etc).

I am going to go out into this beautiful weather now, and have fun... At least I am pretty sure that that is what I am going to do.  I will be more diligent in the future about updating this little blog here and keeping my ravenous readers satiated and satisfied.

Oh yes, I have lost almost 30lbs in about two weeks.

3 comments:

  1. You told me out cooking didn't bother you! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahhaha... it didn't actually, but i wanted to write that in there. it did smell REALLY good though!

    ReplyDelete