Thursday, March 4, 2010

Chapter 1

Alright folks! I know you've all been dying to know where I've been, and what I've been doing. I know this because there have been a WHOPPING 21 profile views!! Woohoo! Man, I'm not really sure what I actually expected out of the blogging world... Fame like Julie, from "Julie and Julia," or maybe to develop some kind of relationship like Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks in "You've Got Mail". I'm not even in it for the fame. Not saying that it wouldn't be nice, but I'm not saying that I don't want it. And I know that in the world of the internet and blogs that everyone and their mother's brother's cousin's two pet corgis have blogs so it would be hard for someone like me to get noticed.

I have stories to tell just like everyone else. But, who am I telling them for? Myself? The audience on the other side of the screen? Who? I would like to think that I am blogging for myself. Not for everyone else, but what can I say, I like receiving comments. I like to know that people are out there and they read what I have to say. Now, I'm also going to be completely honest with you all and let you know that while I am "following" some friends' blogs here on blogger that I haven't actually literally been going to their blog site and reading their posts. How can I ask them to do that for me when I can't even do that for them? It's a double standard and I hate it.

Anyways, moving on. This is basically just stream of consciousness writing right now and I'm not quite sure where we're going to end up. We're all on this journey together. Isn't it wonderful?!

Down to some more important matter people. In exactly two weeks, actually, technically, just less than two weeks-by "just less" I mean literally a few hours short of two weeks-I will be having Roux-en Y Gastric Bypass Surgery. I am UBER excited, but at the same time scarred shitless! I have no real idea on what to expect after surgery, or even before... When do I go into the hospital? What time of day will my surgery be? Will I be lucky and have the first procedure of the day? What will anesthesia be like? How stupid am I going to act either going under or coming out of surgery? Will I act stupid? Is the anesthesia like people say dentist drugs are? Really folks, there are questions that I have that I have NO answer to. I am scarred, like I said, but I know that this is going to be such an amazing opportunity! I have a wonderful support group of people. My whole immediate family has actually already undergone the procedure. My father first on January 14, 2009, then my sister on December 23, 2009 (Merry Christmas!), then next was my mother on January 11, 2010, and finally it is going to be my turn on March 17, 2010. I have friends that are completely behind me on this. They are all super excited for me because they can tell how excited I am about it!

I have no idea how I am going to handle the 3-week post-op liquid diet before moving onto squishy foods, and then finally progressing to "normal" foods. I know that it is going to be hard, and I hope that I am prepared more so for the psychological struggles that are going to ensue than the physical ones. I know that it is going to be a physically trying journey and that some MAJOR changes are going to happen fast. What I don't know is what my mental, emotional, and psychological journey is going to be like. I know I will pull through, and I know that my friends will support me and help me when I need it, and if they have to they're not afraid (and they've been given the go ahead by myself) to slap me across the face and tell me to snap out it. They will give me tough love when I need it.

Another thing that I would like to concern myself with right now is the fact that I will be out of work from March 12 to sometime after the first week of April... That's almost 5 weeks. That's a long time. But, thankfully, I will start my new job in April and I will make a sufficient amount of money to make it through... But what am I going to do with almost a month off, and I can't cook, try out new recipes (except for smoothies or soups or purees), drive... Oh man, I'm not going to be able to drive! Life is going to come to an end... Not really, just joking, but I have made sure that I have plenty of books to read.

I have currently latched myself onto the Anita Blake novels by Laurell K Hamilton. I am still on "Guilty Pleasures" (the first book of the series). I like it so far. It is quite the interesting read, and it keeps me on my toes. I can't wait to progress through the series and see the development of the story and the characters and the author's writing technique and style. I'm a book junkie, what can I say. Don't hold it against me. But, like I said, I have quite a few books on hand for that time that I am going to be out of work. I hope they are enough to hold me over! I am thinking that they're going to be like the Stephanie Plum novels by Janet Evanovich. Central characters with varying stories through the books and a deepening overall plot line, etc etc etc.

Speaking of reading, I am going to conclude this post of a book itself... Wait, as Willy Wonka would say, "Scratch that, reverse it!"... and pick up Guilty Pleasures to read and enjoy... But first, to walk my parents' black flat-coated retriever, Luna, before we all turn in for the night. Talk to you soon!

1 comment:

  1. interesting.... I am giving you a virtual slap ahead of time. And anesthia or how ever you spell it sucks. Everyone's reaction is different. So no point talking about my MANY expierences

    ReplyDelete