Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New Job, Day 4

Today was Day 4 at my new job.  I am having TONS of fun so far!  The only real problem (if you could call it a problem) is waking up at 5:30a having to be at work before 7a.  I will get used to it.  So far, like I said, I am loving the job.  I haven't actually had a training class.  I have just been sitting on the floor listening to people take calls, and if I have a question then I will ask it.  I am probably going to get a REALLY condensed version of the training class since it's only going to be me and the trainer.  That is completely fine with me!  It means that I will get a lot/most of my training with hands on experiences.  I have already learned a lot from watching people, but I'm no where near where I need to be. [That reminds me, I need index cards...]

My life since last weekend has been fine.  Things went down this weekend, that were silly and could have been avoided if 1) I had stayed home, or if 2) I didn't take as much shit as I do from people.  I can't really explain what I mean by that, but I know that some of you out there know what I mean.

Right now I am trying to write to ease my mind so I can go to bed NOW instead of waiting for another two and a half hours to pass and getting only four hours of sleep again.  I can go a night or two (two is pushing it) on that little bit of sleep, but not much more than that... At work today for example... times when I was nodding off. NOT GOOD! Thankfully I had some B-12 sub-lingual lozenges with me = BIG HELP!

BAZINGA!

Random bazingas are always good... Thank you "Big Bang Theory" for introducing that into my life.  It's quite wonderful.

SPEAKING OF BAZINGA!  I have a nickname at work... Well, kind of two actually.  They call me "Rat Lady"... Why, you ask, do they call me that?  Well, I have two rats.  I have Scabbers and Rous.  They are quite wonderful creatures, rats.  People associate them with the plague.  Just because of one bad incident they get a horrible rep! Not fair! LOL... The other nickname that I have at work is "Gormogon."  Thank you, Chris, for calling me that... Not entirely sure how that one came about... wait, yes I do.  I'm an Anthropology graduate.  I love bones.  I have rats.  Why not call me "Gormogon"...?  I, however, believe that "Rat Lady" will stick more than "Gormogon."  We'll see.

This has helped some.  There's more going on in this head of mine... Rage among them, but the interweb is not the place to air that kind of stuff...  Have a good night all.  I hope you have sweet dreams! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment