Sunday, October 16, 2011

As mentioned in my previous post I have been working A LOT recently, and I was finally able to have a few days off.  My first day off was spent sleeping and laying on the couch.  I know it's lazy to do that, but it really is just what someone needs sometimes!  Four days off were great.  I got to spend two of them with my "worse half" as one of our friends puts it (the female is the better half and the male is the worse half).  During one of those days I went with him to sign the lease to his new apartment, and then we went to check it out and move the bedroom set that he bought for his daughter (I found a GREAT deal for him).  It's a really nice apartment.  Vaulted ceilings, big closets, cute balcony.  This is finally the first step in us finally being able to be us. To be together without side stepping around someone else. Tomorrow is a big day for us as well.  While I do have to work tomorrow I will be going to his apartment (he's moving everything in tomorrow), and I will meet his daughter.  She's met me once before, and from everything that he's told me she already likes me, but I can't help but be nervous about meeting her.  I want her to like me.

Tuesday will be a day full of adventure and excitement! (This is when we need a *sarcasm font*.)

 I have an endoscopy scheduled for Tuesday.  Due to the weird, and sometimes pretty excruciating, abdominal pains I've been having the gastrointestinal doc wants to do an endoscopy on me to see if I possibly have an ulcer in my pouch.  I hope I don't.  I also had an x-ray done last week to make sure that there wasn't a residual gallstone in the little blip of a duct that is still there from the removal, and they found that my intestines are a little blocked.  So, literally, I am full of shit. HA! The GI doc has had me drinking Miralax to help with that, and an antacid just in case I do have an ulcer to help start the healing on it (if it's there).  On Tuesday I'll have the full schpeil (yeah, spelled THAT wrong, but whatever) on what's wrong with me, and hopefully we'll get this abdominal pain taken care of once and for all.

Now I'm just waiting on my appendix to go out.  Seems like for the past two years mid-July to mid-August my body has decided to PAIN ME and send me to the hospital.  First it was a kidney stone in 2010, and this year it was my gallbladder.  Next year it just makes sense that my appendix will go out; though, I hope it doesn't.  Medical bills are expensive!

OH! Random thought just now... I'm trying to get into couponing... We'll see how THAT goes.

ALSO!! Anyone who LOOOOVES pumpkin, and pumpkin flavored desserts should try my pumpkin cheesecake, and the "pumpkindoodles" (pumpkin snickerdoodles) that I made the other day.  Holy crow were they both DELICIOUS!!  Next I'm going to make a halloween cake... Or some variation of this... With sprinkles!

No comments:

Post a Comment