Monday, December 19, 2011

The Holidays

This past weekend I went home to visit with my family for our Christmas.  People may have been wondering why I did Christmas 10days early, but when you work emergency management you have to do family time when you can.  My dad worked as a police officer and a firefighter for most of my life and we've always had to manage holidays and big family things around his days off, and now the family is doing it for me.

I had a good time at home.  It was a pleasent trip.  That's saying something because most of the time my sister and I get into it and have a huge fight that gets the parents involved and all around it just makes for a bad trip. However, that was not the case this time around.  It was an enjoyable visit home.  I got some good Christmas presents (maybe not all the ones that I wanted, BUT they were wonderful). 

I am working this coming weekend, which is Christmas if you didn't know.  I will be stuck in a room with 12 people who will be glaring at me because I decided that it's not financially responsible to participate in the pot luck Sunday dinner (read that as cooking for about 20-30 people).  Even doing finger foods of the cheapest kind it is just too much money to spend when things are as tight as they are.  Oh well though.  I am going to do what is right by me and my situation and not be bullied or guilt tripped into participating.  I will have declicious left overs that I will nom on my own while others are eating finger foods that sit out on tables for hours and hours on end.

I do believe that this place is slowly killing my soul, and I am looking for another job. 

On a lighter note I do hope everyone has a happy holiday season and that time with friends and family is good and that all loved ones are doing well.  George and I will be working this weekend, but still able to spend nights together so we shall celebrate a Christmas for us on Christmas and then when Autumn (his 8yo daughter) gets back to town from visiting her grandparents we will celebrate Christmas with her on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment