Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sometimes...

Sometimes, I wonder why I dream as big as I do.  I have HUGE ideas of what I would like to do for my life, my friends, my family, and sometimes random strangers in the street. Then I step back and realize that these dreams won't come true, at least not in the way that I want them to. I would have to be a billionaire in order for those dreams and aspirations to come true, and billionaire I am not.

Sometimes, I would just love to have the house of my dreams, and spend the day in the kitchen baking and cooking for the friends and family that will be coming over later for our monthly gathering.

Sometimes, I just want to pack a backpack and take off to some place that I've never been in the world.  Or, to pack up the car and just start driving and figure out where I want to go when I get there.

Sometimes, I want all of my money worries to go away.  The debt to be paid off (I'm not in that deep, but it's deep enough for a 24 year old).

Sometimes, I just want to curl up on the couch and read my book with a hot cup of tea or coffee or cider.

Sometimes, I just don't want to do anything.

All the time, though, I want to be able to provide for my friends and family.  To help them out when they need it and to make them feel loved, because they are.

All the time, I want to feel comfortable with my finances and not have to think about what I'm going to cut out this pay period.

All the time, I have to work overtime to pay bills and make ends meet and to barely have enough for a drink at the bar (not NEEDED in terms of survival, but needed in terms of sanity).



One day, I will have what I want.

Today, I wanted to complain about what I have, eventhough I have no reason to complain.  I have a full time job, insurance, a family that loves me, friends that love me, a boyfriend that loves, plenty of food in the pantry, and a good roof over my head.  I really have no room to complain, but I would like to have all of my bills paid off and have a good savings account balance (I'm working, literally, on both of those).

Ok, that's my bitching for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment